Owen-Ames-Kimball Co., a leading provider of construction services, seeks a full-time Communications Coordinator to join our Grand Rapids team. Tasks associated with this position include event coordination, marketing assistance, and community engagement.
Apply today if you’re looking for a great opportunity with a growing company that can offer:
- An attractive compensation and benefits package including competitive salary, 401k profit sharing arrangement and health care benefits.
- Working with great people. Our close-knit culture is one of the best parts about O-A-K. We have low turnover and we have a lot of fun.
- The ability to make a difference. Our size and culture encourages recognition and reward of the hard work that you’ll do and the value you’ll bring.
- Central location. Work in our state-of-the-art facility close to all of the action in downtown GR.
- Variety of work tasks. The person in this position enjoys a wide variety of tasks and interfaces with several departments. No two days are the same. The work tasks are exciting.
- Stable, reputable company. O-A-K was founded in Grand Rapids 126 years ago. We work with a wide variety of clients and markets throughout West Michigan with an average volume of $150 million worth of construction projects each year.
Job responsibilities include:
- Work as a team member of the Marketing Department to organize company events, coordinate community engagement, and assist with miscellaneous marketing projects.
- Manage telecom accounts
- Maintain marketing collateral including project sheets, resumes, informational packages, brochures, photography, etc.
- Champion corporate onboarding for new employees
- Coordinate RFQ and RFP responses, as necessary
- Maintain corporate “store” including clothing accounts, promotional items, etc.
- Assist the Marketing Manager, Chief Strategy Officer, and CEO, as necessary
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in marketing, communications, construction, or related field, preferred.
- Positive attitude.
- Impeccable organizational skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite preferred but not required.
- Embodiment of our corporate values: Integrity, Community, Accountability, Flexibility, Teamwork
Please submit cover letter and resume by Friday, May 5th.