JANUARY 3, 2020
Downtown Dave gives tour of Bodman PLC build out
- Dave Deshone a.k.a. "Downtown Dave," reviews construction plans on site at Bodman PLC in 99 Monroe
- Each day Dave reviews the project plans and closely monitors the schedule
- Construction crews work around building tenants to minimize disruption to office spaces above and below
- Noisy tasks are scheduled around meetings and off-hours, when possible
- Located in 99 Monroe, a 9-story building in downtown Grand Rapids, Bodman PLC currently occupies a different floor and will move into the new suite in the spring of 2020
For the past six years, Dave DeShone has been working almost exclusively on projects in downtown Grand Rapids. The tenants of 99 Monroe know him as "Downtown Dave," the friendly superintendent for several construction projects in the building. Dave is known for scheduling noisy tasks around conference calls and meetings, much to all tenants' appreciation.
Currently under construction, the office build-out for Bodman PLC features work spaces for 30 employees, several conference rooms, and spectacular views of the city.
Every time I get into an elevator, I make sure I say ‘hi’ to the people when I’m in there. Just to be friendly.