Hope College’s Haworth Inn and Conference Center, adjacent to downtown Holland, is undergoing a complete renovation that will debut in just a few months. The transformational project includes renovating all conference and hotel rooms, rebuilding the lobby and creating a full-service coffee shop that will be open to students and the public. This project is made possible through a gift from Haworth and has been led by Patricia Urquiola (Studio Urquiola), an award-winning designer and architect based in Milan, Italy.
The Haworth Inn and Conference Center will further evolve as a community resource and create a design destination in Holland. The audience that uses the Haworth Inn and Conference Center provided unique perspective in designing the renovated space. The result is an innovative, warm, playful, smart and sophisticated balance of multiple brand experiences.
The space features:
- Meeting and banquet facilities totaling more than 10,000 square feet and 13 conference rooms that can accommodate groups of up to 400;
- 48 guestrooms featuring Haworth products;
- A fitness facility for hotel guests;
- Touchdown workspaces, as well as social spaces throughout the lobby;
- A gift shop featuring Hope- and Holland-themed apparel and memorabilia;
This project really is a win-win-win for the college, community and Haworth. We want this facility to serve the community and coordinate beautifully with a visit to our HQ. We are known for offices and this provides an opportunity to engage our product solutions in a living hospitality environment.