To help support growing infrastructure needs, Kent County Road Commission made the decision to move their Central Complex to an undeveloped site in Walker, MI. The 29-acre parcel will be the new home for KCRC’s operations. Tour the site with Project Manager, Tim Marcus and Project Superintendent, Rocky Oster.
The project is being completed in two phases, and is scheduled to be completed early in 2023.
Architect: Hobbs+Black Architects
The project includes:
- A 6,000-ton salt storage building
- Covered fueling station
- 23,000 sf of warm/cold storage buildings
- 11,000 sf for a loading dock and storage
- Material storage areas
- 149,000 sf of garage space for operations and vehicle storage
- 36,000 sf of administrative office space