- Holland, MI
- 23,000 sf
- our role
- Construction Manager
Hope College’s rebranded “Haworth Hotel,” adjacent to downtown Holland, underwent a $9 million renovation that opened to the public in June 2021. The multi-phase transformational project included renovations to all conference and hotel rooms, rebuilding the lobby, and creating a full-service coffee shop and kitchen for students and the public.
The Haworth Inn and Conference Center evolves as a community resource and is a design destination in Holland. The space features:
- Meeting and banquet facilities totaling more than 10,000 square feet and 13 conference rooms that can accommodate groups of up to 400;
- 48 guestrooms featuring Haworth products;
- A fitness facility for hotel guests;
- Touchdown workspaces, as well as social spaces throughout the lobby;
- A gift shop featuring Hope- and Holland-themed apparel and memorabilia;
The Haworth Inn and Conference Center, which faces College Avenue between 9th and 10th streets, opened 23 years ago and was crafted to serve as a bridge between the Hope campus and downtown Holland. This project was made possible through a gift from Haworth and has been led by Patricia Urquiola, an award-winning architect based in Milan, Italy.
Designed by GMB Architecture and Engineering