We believe in our communities.
Giving back to the community is an integral part of who we are as a company. We encourage each other to engage organizations and events that align with things we're passionate about.
Hard Hats, Strong Hearts
The purpose of O‑A‑K’s volunteer initiative is to:
- Use our talents to make a positive impact in our community;
- Connect with each other; and
- Build meaningful relationships.
Each year we hold eight individual (one day) volunteer events, where we partner with community organizations.
we are shaping the future
We understand that diverse cultural backgrounds, life experiences, and viewpoints broaden our ability to solve problems and serve others. As an employee-owned corporation, we are on a journey to become a more diverse workplace. That commitment can be measured by the inclusivity of our hiring practices, the investment of our time and resources in employee education, and our leadership in the community. We don’t just want to be part of the diversity conversation; we want to help shape it.
Mary Free Bed
Building Halloween wheelchair costumes
Habitat for Humanity
Home renovation projects
Camp facility improvement projects
As a company, we decided we’d like to give back to the community around us… O‑A‑K is probably the best company that I’ve ever worked for. It’s really the support, the teamwork, just that culture – that make it great.
- Associated Builders & Contractors, Western MI
- The Boys & Girls Club of Lee County
- Cancer Alliance of Naples
- Charlotte Local Education Foundation (CLEF)
- Community Cooperative Ministries, Inc. (CCMI)
- Construction Financial Management Association
- Florida 4-H
- The Florida International Air Show
- Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park
- Gateway Soccer Association
- Gilda’s Club of Grand Rapids
- Guadalupe Center
- Habitat for Humanity of Lee and Hendry Counties, Inc.
- Habitat for Humanity Kent County
- Habitat for Humanity Kalamazoo
- Harry Chapin Food Bank
- Hope Hospice
- Junior Achievement of Southwest Florida
- Lee County Port Authority Aviation Day
- The March of Dimes
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Center
- The Right Place Inc.
- United Way of Lee, Hendry, Glades, and Okeechobee Counties
- Urban Land Institute (ULI) -Southwest Florida
- Van Andel Institute
- Van Singel Fine Arts
- Walker National Night Out
- Wedgwood Christian Services
- West Michigan Sports Commission
- Women’s Resource Center
- Annual Christmas Adopt-a-Family gift wrapping
- Red Nose Day
- Matt Hulswit, Project Manager, leads a Hard Hat Tour for students
- Donation towards the 4H livestock pens renovations at the SW Florida & Lee County Fair grounds
- Associated Builders and Contractors 3-3 basketball fundraiser
- O‑A‑K Florida delivering two semi trucks filled with donations to Panama City, FL for hurricane relief
- Supporting Cape Coral High School's engineering club 'MASER' in their effort to build a solar-powered Go Cart
- St. Francis Xavier Catholic School Hard Hat Tour led by Project Manager Alesha Watchowski