Construction tour: Van Buren ISD
- Tom White, Project Superintendent, gives construction site tour of partnership between Van Buren Intermediate School District (VBISD) and the Van Buren/Cass District Health Department (VBCCHP).
- New community health center addition at Van Buren ISD
- New main street at Van Buren ISD
- Tom Stanek, Director of Kalamazoo Operations, for O‑A‑K
- Skytrak at Van Buren ISD
- Ongoing construction
This project marks a unique partnership between the Van Buren Intermediate School District (VBISD) and the Van Buren/Cass District Health Department (VBCCHP). The dream was made a reality after two years of planning and collaboration, as a response to community needs for dental services and professional training in the health sector.
The multi-purpose expansion to Van Buren Tech’s existing two facilities features:
- A new two-story, 25,000 sf Community Health Center with a fully functioning dental office and classrooms for vocational training, and;
- A 6,800 sf “Main Street” connector building that will bring the three buildings together and feature lofted ceilings, collaboration spaces and a café/bistro.
Construction is ongoing adjacent to the operational school facility and requires expert sequencing to minimize disruption and maintain safety. Special permitting and healthcare construction knowledge were required for the dental facility.
There was a unique need for dental services within the county, the two just came together and said we’ve got a great opportunity here.