In compliance with Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s Executive Order No. 2020-21, which calls all Michigan residents to suspend activities that are not necessary to sustain or protect life, Owen‑Ames‑Kimball Co. temporarily suspends all Michigan operations through April 13, 2020.
All O‑A‑K managed construction projects are temporarily closed*
- Jobsites will be safely and securely closed, following a thorough project shutdown checklist.
- O‑A‑K will routinely monitor jobsites with essential needs, to ensure things like temporary heat and security are safely maintained.
- Trade contractors will not be allowed on site, unless deemed critical to project safety or routine monitoring, in which case, you will be notified by an O‑A‑K supervisor.
- All routine progress meetings are temporarily suspended.
- Closings take effect at the end of the day on March 23, 2020.
Our Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, and Yard locations are closed.
O‑A‑K projects for bid, with bid dates after March 23, are postponed until further notice.
It is our sincere wish that all project partners remain healthy and well. During this time, many O‑A‑K employees will continue working from home. It is our goal to maintain critical communication with all employees, clients, trade contractors, and business partners, during this temporary shutdown, and beyond.
*Jobsite closings are subject to change based on changes to legislation.