(HUDSONVILLE, MI) April 27, 2021 – School board members, administrators, students, and project partners of Hudsonville Public Schools gathered Monday evening to celebrate the groundbreaking of the district’s new 5/6 Building @ Georgetown, part of a $140 million bond program that was passed by voters in 2019. This project marks a major milestone in the district’s construction progress as a standalone, flagship facility.
“This school building supports the district’s commitment to educational equity across all ages and throughout all geographic locations. After several years of planning and design, we are thrilled to celebrate this accomplishment alongside our community, and we are grateful for their constant support during this time of growth,” said Hudsonville Public Schools Superintendent, Doug VanderJagt.
Bond-funded construction projects began in 2020 and will span the course of 6 years. The program is driven by district growth and community investment.
New 5/6 Building @ Georgetown (Spring 2021 – Fall 2023)
- 112,000 sf school building
- 21st Century design
- State-of-the-art classroom technology
- Expansive cafeteria space, with flexibility for group collaboration
- Cross Country path
Hudsonville High School & Freshman Center (Spring 2021 – Fall 2024)
- Building “connector” between the 10-12 building and 9th grade building, featuring additional classrooms, collaboration spaces, a new Main Entrance, and abundant natural light
- Choir/support room addition
- Fieldhouse addition
- Conversion of former office area into Robotics space
- Kitchen, cafeteria, and academic renovations
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) upgrades
- Reconfigured parent drop-off, bus loop, and parking lots
- Greenhouse replacement
District-Wide Improvements (Spring 2020 – Fall 2025)
- New roofs at Baldwin Street Middle School and Alward Elementary (Completed 2020)
- Forest Grove Elementary Bus Loop (Completed 2020)
- Renovations to Alward Elementary, Georgetown Elementary, South Elementary, and Jamestown
- Upper & Lower Elementary (2022)
- Gymnasium additions at Forest Grove Elementary (2022), and Bauer Elementary (2023)
- New roof and building control upgrades at Riley Street Middle School (2024)
- Additions and renovations at Park Elementary (Spring 2024 – Fall 2025)
- Renovations at ECC Building (2024)
The $140 million bond program is being managed by Owen‑Ames‑Kimball Co., and designed by GMB Architecture + Engineering.