Located on the corner of Park and Library street this handsome yellow-brick Gothic style structure is the second oldest existing church building in Grand Rapids built sometime between 1867 and 1869. Among the church's notable features are it's Tiffany stained-glass windows and its stately corner tower. The church was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. This 5,000 sf addition and transformation included adding a new glassed-in vestibule, the renovation of a spacious lobby, opening up the first floor, and putting in a new lounge and a small conference room.
From the glassed-in vestibule, guests enter a spacious lobby that includes a welcome and information center. The current library was opened up as much as possible on all four sides to become an informal gathering area for coffee and conversation before and after church events. During the pre-construction investigation, workers found an old exterior wall and historic windows hidden beneath. The team was able to incorporate these into the project while still reconfiguring the space to allow refreshing daylight.
Throughout the project great care was taken to enhance the original architectural style, while re-configuring parts of the facility for modern day use.
For more photos, visit: Park Church Project Profile