Lovers Key Welcome & Discovery Center
- Fort Myers Beach, FL
- 6,250 Sq. Ft.
- our role
- Construction Management
Construction of a new 6,520 sq. ft. building (4,000 sq. ft. enclosed with 2,520 sq. ft. open deck) with a conditioned exhibit space and community/multipurpose room, restrooms, and exterior covered outdoor classroom and circulation. The structure is elevated to meet FEMA requirements and includes exterior stair, ADA ramp and ground level enclosed storage. Related site work includes parking, sidewalks, ramps and crushed shell under the building.
- Designed to fit in the natural shoreline environment
- Overhead plan view
- Under building spaces for classes and meetings
- Interior educational exhibits about the park and the 'Nature Nook' gift store
- Interior meeting space opens up to the rear deck with retractable doors
- Relax on the rear deck and enjoy the fresh Gulf air and scenery
- A custom built, single-pour ramp welcomes visitors to the upper floor
- Sunset view of the building from the rear along one of the kayak trails