- Grand Rapids, MI
- 5,000 sf
- our role
- Construction Manager
Located in a historical, 100+ year old, downtown Grand Rapids building, this 5,000 sf fit-out serves as a showroom and office for Trellis*.
The design incorporated old building features, including exposed wood ceiling floor joists and large timber columns and beams. The construction team was challenged to hide fire suppression lines, light fixtures and devices, while also drawing attention to the exposed wood. This required extra care and coordination with the entire construction team, owner’s rep, and architect.
During construction, the entire building surrounding the space was also being renovated. This led to unique challenges with scheduling and finishes. Our team was required to maintain building owner requirements, while also delivering to the architect and MarxModa design expectations.
The new showroom features:
- Conference room spaces, both open and enclosed
- Seating areas
- Breakout rooms
- An open-concept workspace with sit-stand desks
- An employee breakroom/kitchen
*Formally MarxModa, Trellis purchased MarxModa following the completion of construction.
- Open conference space and seating area with views of downtown Grand Rapids
- Open workstations nestled between large exposed wood beams
- Modern workstations with private meeting rooms
- Modern workstations
- Open concept conference space and seating area
- Exposed wood ceiling floor joists and large timber columns and beams