Owen-Ames-Kimball Co. (O-A-K), local professional construction firm, has been hired to manage a $3.5 million Class-A renovation project at 25 Ottawa in downtown Grand Rapids, located just west of Van Andel Arena.
The project marks the second major downtown Grand Rapids building transformation to be completed with team members at Franklin Partners, LLC (building owner) and Colliers International (property manager). The team also worked together to complete a high-end office transformation at 99 Monroe Ave in 2013.
“Downtown Grand Rapids has been O-A-K’s home for 123 years. We are energized by projects like this, which add to the vibrancy of the downtown landscape. We are excited to work with Franklin Partners and Colliers again and look forward to another successful project,” commented Frank Stanek, O-A-K Corporate President and CEO.
Following a kick-off event held by Franklin Partners, LLC this week, O-A-K will continue construction activities through the fall and winter months with a scheduled completion date of June 2015.
The six-story building will undergo a complete transformation to the exterior façade along the first floor, interior lobby and shared tenant areas. Scope includes:
- Relocating the existing building entrance along Ottawa Avenue
- Opening up the lobby ceiling to create a new two-story atrium
- Framing the improved entrance with a new exterior glass façade that spans four stories high
- Reconfiguration and replacement of all first floor windows along Ottawa Avenue and Weston Street to create a more visible storefront
- New elevator finishes
- Miscellaneous tenant improvements