Franklin Partners, LLC
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Six stories
This six-story office and retail building in downtown Grand Rapids underwent a Class-A transformation to the exterior façade, lobby and shared tenant areas. The building is located next door to Van Andel Arena. All high-end finishes and upgrades were designed to heighten the original architectural style, showcasing the timber-frame construction and exposed interior structure.
- Conversion of former storage space into state-of-the-art fitness center and business conference area
- Refurbished skywalks
- Miscellaneous tenant improvements and white box spaces
- Reconfiguration of first floor exterior to glass panel storefront with metal framing and honed-marble
- 50-foot-tall glass and steel marquee surrounding the new Ottawa Avenue entrance, installed on a canted angle, extending outward and upward
- Demolition of existing lobby ceiling and stairwell (adjacent to former bar / restaurant space) to create a welcoming two-story atrium
- Framing the improved entrance with a new exterior glass façade that spans four stories high
- Installation of a chandelier sculpture consisting of 180 individual steel cables, each housing four LED down lights that illuminate suspended glass beads.
- Radius back-painted glass wall separating the new lobby from future tenant space
- LED back-lit aluminum feature walls on the first and third floors, showcasing the new “25 Ottawa” branding